On January 6th, 2021 a protest turned into violent assault on the Capitol Building in Washington, D.C. On that day our work began.
We are a global community of open-source intelligence investigators (OSINT) working together to assist the U.S. FBI and Washington D.C. Capitol Police to find those who committed crimes on January 6 at the Capitol.
- We investigate publicly available videos and photographs to find additional information about individuals who are wanted by the FBI and/or Capitol police.
- We create “Do You Know” posters and composites and ask the public to share them on social media platforms including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
- Gather quality images of individuals
- Research videos of individuals and record timestamps
- Create Do You Know me images with quality images
- Use social media site to spread Do you Know me images
- Close out our research when we have clear identifiable face shots, a composite if needed, video links and notes.
- Send info to FBI
“History will rightly remember today’s violence at the Capitol, incited by a sitting president who has continued to baselessly lie about the outcome of a lawful election, as a moment of great dishonor and shame for our nation.”Former U.S. President, Barack Obama
“Today is a reminder, a painful one, that democracy is fragile. To preserve it requires people of good will, leaders with the courage to stand up, who are devoted not to pursuit of power and personal interest at any cost, but to the common good.”U.S. President, Joseph R. Biden
“I have no doubt that… American democracy will prevail. It always has.”Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu